4. Global Internship in Canada and Global Internship in Japan
Application deadline extended to April 28 2014
- Number of places: 10 students (2 from Mount Allison University, 3 from Queen's University and 5 from the University of Toronto)
- Global Internship in Canada and Global Internship in Japan: This program is a 4-week, 6.0 unit course held in Canada from 4th to 17th August, and in Japan from 21st August to 4th September. After preparatory study at the University of Toronto and KGU, each pair composed of a student from Kwansei Gakuin University and a student from a Canadian university, will work together for a week in each country, gaining practical experience in a real business environment. After completing their internship, students will prepare and present a report in each country.
- Tuition fees: Queen’s University students will pay standard tuition fees to Queen’s for the courses taken through the KGU CCC, in accordance with fees that are posted on the Office of the University Registrar website for Summer Term courses in 2014. Please visit http://www.queensu.ca/registrar/currentstudents/fees.html for details (approximately $200 per unit for domestic students).
- Accommodation: Half of the accommodation fess are covered by the program fees. The other half of the accommodation cost will be subsidized by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT).
Participants of CCC summer programs who have good academic standings in their home institution will be able to receive the scholarship (monthly stipend) from the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) worth ¥80,000. See eligibility requirements for the scholarship here.
- Other costs: Students will pay program fees of ¥95,000, which at today's exchange rate (12 Feb 2014) is approximately $1020. Please note that exchange rates fluctuate. Latest rates can be found online, for example at www.xe.com. Please see attached table for what is included and what is not in the program fees.
KGU Program Fees 2014