Do you need to create captions/subtitles for an online video? We can provide assistance.
Who Can Have It?
The video captioning service is open to all faculty members, staff members and students; however, we can only bill to Queen's account codes.
Are there any costs?
Standard Turnaround (up to 4 business days)
- $3.00 per minute of video/audio (price is subject to change without notice) rounded up to the nearest minute, plus $15 service fee per file. You will also receive a transcript for your video.
- Additional charges may apply if media conversion AND/OR faster turnaround is required.
Rush Turnaround (1 business day)
- $3.75 per minute of video/audio (price is subject to change without notice) rounded up to the nearest minute, plus a $15 service fee. You will also receive a transcript for your video.
- Additional charges may apply if media conversion is required.
How Do I Get It?
if you would like to use this service.
An account code is required before the transcript is generated
ITServices does not create the captions, but acts as liaison between the company that does ( Automatic Sync Technologies ) and you. Click here for instructions on how to embed your video with captions.
- work with you to get a copy of the file needing captioning
- extract the audio from the video file
- send the file to Automatic Sync
- work with you to get a copy of the caption file into your streaming account
- help you embed the video with the caption file on your website
Governing IT Policies
Users of this service are governed by the following policies, failure to comply may result, at a minimum, with suspension of service:
Help & Support
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this service.