ITS Notification Item
|Title:||iOS 6.1 Issue Identified for iPad and iPhone Users|
|Description:||Apple recently released iOS 6.1 for selected models of the iPhone and iPad. Apple iOS 6.1 contains a bug that causes problems for users who connect to Microsoft Exchange email. The bug occurs when users respond to a meeting request (Accept, Tentative, Decline) using iOS 6.1. |
Who does this affect?
This problem potentially affects all staff, faculty and graduate students connecting to Microsoft Exchange using an Apple iPhone or iPad, as well as undergraduate students using an iPhone or iPad to connect to Office 365 (Exchange Online) for email and calendar services.
What are the impacts?
This bug can:
- cause problems with your Apple iOS device connecting to the campus email system
- affect the performance of the email and calendar system
- cause your iPhone or iPad to run hot and drain your device's battery
What should you do?
ITServices recommends that:
- you do not upgrade your Apple iPhone or iPad to iOS 6.1 until Apple releases an update that fixes this bug
- you do not use your iOS 6.1 device to respond to meeting requests
- if you have already upgraded to iOS 6.1, you should contact the IT Support Centre for further recommendations
|Publish Date:||February 12, 2013, 10:36 am|
|Contact:||IT Support Centre|