After an extensive evaluation of various student response systems, TurningPoint has been selected for use at Queen's University. The technology can be used to provide students in large classes with a more interactive learning experience: it enables instructors to integrate questions into PowerPoint Presentations, view student responses in real-time, and modify the lecture based on student feedback.
What you need to get started:
- PowerPoint/Microsoft Office Suite (Mac or PC)
- TurningPoint Radio Frequency (RF) Receiver
- Receiver The RF Receiver allows you to run an interactive TurningPoint/PowerPoint presentation.
- Clickers (Student Response Cards, or Key Pads)
- The Campus Bookstore sells TurningPoint clickers
- Clickers can be borrowed from the Centre for Teaching and Learning. See the web page for details
- The same clicker can be used in multiple courses.
- Each clicker has a six-digit hexadecimal identification number printed on the back below the bar code.
- TurningPoint Software
- No license is required to download TurningPoint software.
- It can be installed on as many computers as you want to develop your presentations.
- Complete the online information request to download TurningPoint and you will receive an email message that contains a link to download the software (https://www.turningtechnologies.com/responsesystemsupport/downloads).
- Turning Technologies Downloads
- Turning Technologies Support
- Documentation on using Clickers with Queen's Moodle