Custom Application Development
There are many departments and operating units on campus which have identified opportunities to implement some form of technology to improve their processes or service levels. Often, the opportunity to take advantage of a technology solution exists without the necessary technical resources readily available directly within the interested department. To meet these needs, ITServices offers a custom application consulting, development and project management service on a fee-for-service basis.
- Contact the IT Support Centre by calling 613.533.6666 or by filling out the online help form to request a consultation.
- An initial client meeting to understand high-level requirements is offered at no charge. The standard hourly rate will apply for the preparation of a detailed Statement of Work, plus any contracted application development. Please see the Service Fees page for details.
If you are in need of custom application development services, ITServices has built a repository of information to assist you. This information can be used if you are building the application in-house (within your own unit), or if you are engaging a third-party for assistance. Third-party developers could include other units at Queen's (such as ITServices) or someone outside of the University altogether.
- using ITServices to build your custom application;
- what clients should know before they hire an application developer;
- what developers should be aware of when they work with a Queen's client; and
- when you must involve ITServices, even if you are building your own application.
Help & Support
Ongoing support for systems developed by ITServices is determined in a Service Level Agreement.