Recall a Sent Message in Outlook 2013
Sometimes you may send a message and then realize for example, that you forgot to attach a file. Office 365 allows you to recall a message you have sent to someone else on the Exchange server. Note: once a message has been opened by a recipient it cannot be recalled.
Recalling a Sent Message
- Ensure Mail is selected in the Navigation Pane
- Locate and double click the message you wish to recall
- On the Message tab, in the Move group, click Actions
- Click Recall This Message
- The Recall This Message dialogue will appear.
- You can choose to recall, or recall and replace with a new message
- Select the appropriate option and click OK
- If you choose to replace with a new message, a new message will open up automatically. Simply compose as you would a normal email.
NOTES: Your message will only recall if the recipient has not yet read the email. Also, many other scenarios can render a message unrecalled, such as if a rule has moved the message on the recipients client. The messages will also most likely not be recalled from the recipients' mobile devices.