Queen's Email and Calendar for Staff and Faculty
Queen's faculty and staff currently have on-premise Exchange server accounts. This is a feature rich, integrated service, providing email, calendar, contacts and tasks. It can be used with Microsoft Outlook as a client and/or the web based Outlook Web App. It also has many mobile-friendly features that offer a virtually seamless interface with BlackBerry, iPhone, Android and Windows phones and tablets.
- Faculty and staff are entitled to a Queen's on-premise Exchange Email and Calendar account.
Requesting a Queen's On-premise Exchange Email and Calendar Account:
- Faculty and staff, please contact your ITAdmin Rep to have them submit a request to ITServices.
- forwarding, vacation messages, and rules (filters)
- personal contact, tasks and day events (notes)
- virtually seamless interface for numerous mobile devices
- user-friendly, feature-rich web interface
- calendars can be shared or delegated
- access to Queen’s Global Address List
- your.name email alias available for staff, faculty and grad students
- spam and virus filtering (Barracuda) on the email server
- 5 GB of storage at no cost
- additional storage available (see below)
- maximum message size of 25 MB (Includes message header, message body, and any attachments)
- maximum recipients for one message is 500
Requesting Additional Storage:
- Additional storage (above the default quota of 5 GB) for your Exchange account can be purchased in increments of 1 GB.
- See the Service Fees page for details on cost.
- Additional storage will be billed monthly via account code.
- To request additional storage, complete the form at https://www.queensu.ca/itrack/ITS/estorage.php
- Requests will be processed within the next business day and should be reflected in your account after processing is complete.
Guidelines for Management and Retention of Email:
Queen's University Guidelines for the Management & Retention of Email (PDF*, 86 KB)
Please see the Service Termination Dates page for details on when service will be discontinued following departure from Queen's.
Please see the Hours of Operation for the availability of this service.
Service Level Objective
Please see the links below for Service Level Objectives:
Governing IT Policies
Users of this service are governed by the following policies, failure to comply may result, at a minimum, with suspension of service:
Help & Support
Or, contact the IT Support Centre by calling 613-533-6666 during regular business hours, or by filling out the online help form.
*PDF files can be read for free using Adobe Reader.