Delay Delivery of an Email Message Outlook 2010
This guide explains how to delay the delivery of a message you create in Outlook 2010
Sometimes you create a message, but do not want to send the message until later. Outlook 2010 provides a Delay Delivery feature.
Delaying your message delivery
- Start composing a new email message
- Don't press send
- Click the Options tab
- In the More Options group, click Delay Delivery.
- The Properties window will appear, with an option checked for Delay Delivery:
Do not deliver before:(checked by default), select the date and time you want the message to be delivered.
- When finished, click Close
- Return to the email message and click send as usual
- The message will be filed in your Outbox until the appropriate time comes to send it.
Undo an Already Delayed Message
After delaying a message, you may decide that you actually want to send the message immediately. This can be done.
Outboxon the left and locate the message
- Double-click the message to open it
- Locate Delay Delivery in Options as you did earlier
- Uncheck the Do not deliver before box
- Click OK
- Click Send to send the message immediately