Creating and Using a Signature in Office 365 Web App
Sometimes you want a signature to appear at the end of emails. To avoid needless repetition, the Office 365 Web App allows you to set up a signature that will appear at the bottom of every email.
Follow the instruction below to configure your signature for the Office 365 Web App.
NOTE: The signature you create in the Office 365 Web App will NOT be replicated to the Outlook client.
Creating Your Signature
- Click Settings icon at the upper right region of the screen.
- Select Options from the drop down menu
- From the Left Navigation menu select Settings. The Settings screen is where you will create an email signature, choose your message format, message options, read receipts, reading pane display, and whether or not to use conversations.
- In the email signature section, enter your signature. This can be just your name, or a closing remark such as thanks, regards, etc. You can customize your font, colour, style, add a link and more.
- You can choose whether you want to apply the signature to every email, or just to save the signature for easy input when you choose to
- Click the Save button
- Click the Back button in the upper left corner
Using Signatures in an Email
- Automatic Insertion
- If you check Automatically include my signature on messages I send, the signature will appear at the bottom of every new message as shown below.
- If you have an isolated email for which you do not want to include a signature, you can erase the signature in the email as you would normal text.
- Manual Insertion
- If you do not want to include the signature in every message, but still want to store the signature for use, simply uncheck Automatically include my signature on messages I send .
- When you wish to add the signature, click the Insert button and from the drop down menu select signature.