Creating and Using a Signature in Office 365 Web App
Sometimes you want a signature to appear at the end of emails. To avoid needless repetition, the Office 365 Web App allows you to set up a signature that will appear at the bottom of every email.
Follow the instruction below to configure your signature for the Office 365 Web App.
NOTE: The signature you create here will NOT replicate to the Outlook client.
Creating Your Signature
- Click Options at the upper right region of the screen.
- Select See All Options... from the drop down menu
- From the Left Navigation menu select Settings . The Settings screen is where you will create a E-Mail Signature, choose your message format, message options, read receipts, reading pane display, and whether or not to use conversations.
- In the E-Mail Signature section enter your signature. This can be just your name, or a closing remark such as thanks, regards etc. You can customize your font, colour, style, add a link and more.
- You can choose whether you want to apply the signature to every email, or just to save the signature for easy input when you choose to
- Click the Save button at the lower right
Using Signatures in an Email
If you check
Automatically include my signature on messages I send
, the signature will appear at the bottom of every new message as shown below.
If you have an isolated email for which you do not want to include a signature,
you can simply erase the signature in the email as you would normal text.
- Manual Insertion
- If you do not want to include the signature in every message, but still want to store the signature for use, simply uncheck Automatically include my signature on messages I send .
- When you wish to add the signature, click the Insert Signature button at the top right of the new message screen.