Creating a Vacation Message
Vacation messages can be created to tell others, both inside Queen's and outside Queen's that you will not be answering your email immediately.
- Select Settings
- Select Set automatic replies
- The Options menu will open
- From the Navigation menu, select organize email
- From the top Navigation menu, select automatic replies
- Select the radio button beside Send automatic replies
- To set the time frame that your message will be in effect, check the box beside Send replies only during this time period: and select the Start time and End time.
- In the first text box, enter the message you would like to send to people in your organization that email you during your vacation. Note: each email address will only receive one vacation message from you.
- You have the option of sending a message to people who are not in your organization. You can also choose whether to send a message to everyone not in your organization, or only to those who are in your Contacts list.
- In the second text box, enter the message you would like to send to people outside of your organization.
- When you are finished with your message, click the Save button
- Click the Back arrow in the upper left corner
- If you do not create a time frame for your message, you will receive a reminder each time you log in to your email account asking if you would like to turn the automatic reply off.
- You can also follow the steps above and turn off the message yourself