The Service Desk is authorized to perform warranty repairs on the following equipment:
- Toshiba laptops
- Dell laptops and desktops (only Dell laptops that were purchased from The Campus Computer Store)
- Lenovo (formerly IBM) laptops and desktops. Please view the list of unserviceable Lenovo models.
- Apple laptops and desktops
For a list of brands that we cannot service, and their contact info, please
visit our Unsupported Brands page.
- Faculty, Staff, and Students of Queen's University can make use of the Service Desk services
- The Service Desk is located in Stauffer Library on the lower level (001A)
- Diagnosis of hardware and software-related computer problems
- Repair of software-related issues
- Repair of hardware-related computer problems for Dell, Lenovo, Toshiba, and Apple computers still under warranty
- Advice and guidance on how to get
Drop Off and Pick Up
- Drop off your computer in person
- Have a courier company deliver your computer to the Service Desk
- If you use a courier service to drop your system off at the Service Desk, please complete the Courier Shipping Form (PDF*, 108 KB) and attach it to the system.
*PDF files can be read for free using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Photo identification is required to pick up any item that was left at the Service Desk.
- Please be advised that in the event that we are required to reimage your system, ALL of the data on the hard drive will be lost.
- Backups for your data prior to reimaging will only be initiated by ITServices upon your explicit request. ITServices recommends you backup your data before service.
- If you do wish ITServices to backup your data, please be aware that there are three options that you may choose from:
- Your data will be backed up on an external server and then copied to your new or reimaged hard drive into a desktop folder named "OLD HARD DRIVE" for the flat rate of $75 plus applicable taxes.
- Your data will be backed up on DVDs and given to you at the rate of $75 plus applicable taxes (this option is only available if the total data back up requested is 7g's or less, maximum of 2 dvd's)
- Your data will be backed up onto an external hard drive supplied by you for the rate of $75 plus tax. (NOTE: ITServices is NOT responsible for any failure of the provided hard drive or the corruption of data once it has been transferred.)
- In the event that ITServices is unsuccessful in retrieving and backing up your data, there is a minimum charge of 1 hour labour ($55.00 plus taxes).
- Laptops are available for loan while your computer is being serviced for hardware repair.
- To be eligible for a laptop loaner the following requirements must be met:
- Your computer must require a hardware repair
- Your computer must have been purchased from the Campus Computer Store
- Your computer has already been at the hardware repair shop for 48 hours
- The service work required must be a hardware issue that is covered under the computer's warranty
- You must have a valid credit card number for us to keep on file while the loaner is in your possession
- The Service Desk is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.
Help & Support