Lecture Capture Service
The lecture capture service allows you to record a lecture for subsequent viewing online by students or the public at large.
The lecture capture system is designed for ease of use. You can use the system whenever you choose. Starting or stopping the system only requires a button-push.
Before making them available to your students, you have the ability to review your captured lectures. If you're satisfied with them, it only takes a few short steps to add them to your Moodle course.
Who Can Have It?
- The Lecture Capture Service can be used by Queen's faculty members.
Are There Any Costs?
- This service is free of charge.
How Do I Get It?
- Before using the system for the first time, setup and a short consultation is essential.
- Please submit a Lecture Capture Request Form if you have not previously used the system.
For more information on the use of lecture capture, please read the Lecture Capture Service service definition.
Rooms Equipped for Lecture Capture:
- BioSciences 1101 and Walter Light 205
- Mackintosh-Corry B125
- To book time in this room, please click here for the FSLF Room Booking Policy.
- The targeted availability of this service is twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week (24x7).
- Users of the service should expect occasional but infrequent service interruptions or slowdowns, both planned and unplanned.
- Where it is necessary to schedule system maintenance that necessitates a service outage, ITS will do this outside of regular business hours whenever possible.
- Please check the ITS Notification page for information about unplanned service outages.
- Standard Hours of Operation
Service Level Objective
Please see the links below for Service Level Objectives:
- Backup, Recovery, Archiving and Retention
- Facilities Management Page
- Service Interruption and Restoration
Governing IT Policies
Users of this service are governed by the following policies, failure to comply may result, at a minimum, with suspension of service:
- Intellectual Property - QUFA Collective Agreement, Article 16
- Electronic Information Security Policy Framework