Microsoft Lync Tutorials
Please note: Tutorials produced by Microsoft may demonstrate Lync features that are not currently available for use at Queen’s. Differences in features are dependent upon the version of Lync or Office being used, as well as operating system and user permissions.
Links to Microsoft Videos to Help You Get Started with Lync 2013
Set up Lync 2013
Presence, IM, and Contacts
Make Audio and Video Calls
Schedule, Join, and Conduct Lync Meetings
Using Lync Web App (for Office 365 users)
What is Lync Web App?
- is a browser-based meeting client that you use to join Lync Meetings when you do not have Lync installed on your computer.
Lync Web Scheduler
- Microsoft Lync Web Scheduler is a web-based program that you can use to create Lync Meetings if you don’t have Microsoft Outlook, or are on an operating system not based on Windows.
- Office 365 users should go to https://sched.lync.com and log in using their Queen's email address and password.
Quick Start: Participate in online meetings with Lync Web App
- Participate in online meetings even if you don’t have a Microsoft Lync account and haven’t installed the Lync client software on your computer.
Join a Lync Meeting from Lync Web App
- Use Lync Web App to join a Lync Meeting from your browser if you don’t have Lync 2013.
Explore the Lync Web App meeting room
- The meeting room in Lync Web App for Lync 2013 provides quick access to all the meeting features, as well as plenty of room to view videos of the participants and shared meeting content. You can use a mouse to navigate the meeting room, or use touch gestures such as tap and double-tap on a touchscreen device.
Using Lync 2011 on a Mac
Using Lync 2013 on Mobile Devices
Microsoft Lync 2013 for Mobile Clients
- If your organization uses Lync, you can download a Microsoft Lync 2013 app for your mobile device to stay connected on the go.
- This page lists the mobile devices for which Lync 2013 mobile apps are available. Also included are links to resources that will help you get started with using Lync 2013 on your mobile device.
Set up Lync Online for mobile devices
- Lync Online now includes support for Lync 2013 mobile clients. Users can install Lync on selected Windows Phone, iPhone, iPad, Android, and Nokia devices. Features supported include presence, instant messaging (IM), contacts, and the ability join a conference call by having your audio conferencing provider call the mobile device.
- Download Lync 2013 from your device's app store.