Queen's Mailing List Services
ITS licenses, maintains, and operates L-Soft's Listserv Mailing List Management server for Queen's faculties, departments, and offices who wish to create and manage their own mailing list email accounts for the purpose of communication.
Use of this service is subject to the rules and guidelines set down by:
- The Electronic Information Security Policy Framework
- The Policy for Creating Mailing Lists at Queen's University (including the List Owners Responsibilities)
- Policy for Class Lists at Queen's University
- The Customer Support and Service Agreement for Mailing Lists
- Creating and managing mailing list accounts are restricted to Queen's faculty and continuing staff members
- There is no cost for this service.
Create/Update Mailing Lists Forms
- Create a Mailing List for a Class
- Update an Existing Class Mailing list for a new Term
- Create a General Discussion Mailing List
Mailing List Management Forms
- Delete a Mailing List
- Manage Your Mailing Lists (Login)
- Mailing List Archives and Home Pages
- Set/Register Your Personal Listserv Password
- Show Quota for your Mailing List Archives
- Subscribe/Unsubscribe to Owners-l (Campus list for all List Owners)
- Which Mailing Lists Do I Own?
We welcome and appreciate reading feedback from Queen's List Owners.
If you have a few minutes, we invite you to complete the: List Owner Feedback Form
Help & Support
Help for List Owners:
- Contact the IT Support Centre (List Owners only)
- by calling 613.533.6666
- by filling out the online Help Submission Form.
- L-Soft Listserv Documentation
- Additional Online Information and Documentation (Queen's specific guides, vendor manuals, tutorials, and List Owner FAQs.
Note: Mailing list subscribers in need of help should contact the list owner by sending an email to
email@example.com, where "listname" is the name of the mailing list.
For example: PSYC-456-100-Lfirstname.lastname@example.org
Important note for subscribers of external Listserv mailing lists (those not hosted at lists.queensu.ca):
If you are using an @post.queensu.ca email address on any other Listserv mailing list, you should be aware that the Post email service was decommissioned in November 2013. You will need to update your subscriptions by logging in to these Listserv services and changing your subscription to use your current email address. If you require help updating your email subscription, you can contact the list owner.
For further details, please read this notice about recent changes to Listserv subscriptions.