Print Service enables Queen's to centralize network printing tasks. Windows computers joined to Active Directory will have network printers managed by ITS. Only windows computers joined to Active Directory are able to benefit from Print Service.
Who can have it?
- Queen's Faculty and Staff
Are there any costs?
- Basic service is free to departments covered by baseline funding. Please refer to our page on Service Fees for details.
- Note: Active Directory Service is required if you want the Windows Print Service.
How do I get it?
- To get started, please contact the IT Support Centre by calling 613.533.6666 or by filling out the online help form.
Microsoft uses Active Directory to provide robust and secure Print Service.
- Printers must be network printers and are shared through a central server.
- If a new printer replaces an existing printer, the change is made on the server and all users are updated automatically to the new printer.
- Mac computers are unable to use Print Service however they can connect to the printer in question using a general network connection.
- Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 Enterprise or Ultimate.
- Other OS's might connect to Microsoft Active Directory and may function but are not supported.
- The Master Service Agreement governs all of the Managed Services for Windows; Appendix B provides additional information specific to the Windows File Service.
Please see the Availability web page.
Service Level Objective
Please see the links below for Service Level Objectives:
- Backup, Recovery, Archiving and Retention
- Facilities Management Page
- Service Level Objective - Availability
- Service Interruption and Restoration
Governing IT Policies
Users of this service are governed by the following policies, failure to comply may result, at a minimum, with suspension of service:
- Electronic Information Security Policy Framework
- Intellectual Property - QUFA Collective Agreement, Article 16