Remote Desktop Gateway
Remote Desktop Gateway is a service that allows secure remote access to a Windows based host by its common AD DNS name (a.k.a. Computer Name). This includes the ITS hosted service of Remote Access Server (Windows Terminal Server - ITS-TS02) and personal desktops that individuals may have enabled for Remote Desktop Access. Users who access a Windows host via a VPN connection will not be required to use this gateway service.
Who Can Have It?
- All Faculty and Staff with a valid NetID are provisioned to use the service.
Are There Any Costs?
- The basic service as described above is centrally funded.
How Do I Get It?
- Modify your Remote Desktop Program (RDP) client to use the gateway instead of connecting directly.
- See the tutorials for help configuring your client
How Do I Discontinue It?
- Change your RDP settings to not use it.
What if I Leave Queen's?
- Once your NetID is disabled you can no longer use it.
- Please see the Service Termination Dates page for details on when service will be discontinued following departure from Queen's.
- The targeted availability of this service is twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week (24x7).
- Users of the service should expect occasional but infrequent service interruptions or slowdowns, both planned and unplanned.
- Where it is necessary to schedule system maintenance that necessitates a service outage, ITS will do this outside of regular business hours whenever possible.
- Regular security patching will occur ... Please check the ITS Notification page for information about unplanned service outages.
Service Level Objective
Please see the links below for Service Level Objectives:
- Backup, Recovery, Archiving and Retention
- Facilities Management Page
- Service Interruption and Restoration
Governing IT Policies
Users of this service are governed by the following policies, failure to comply may result, at a minimum, with suspension of service:
Help & Support
ITServices can help with ...
Last Updated: March 7, 2017