Windows Terminal Service
ITS provides staff and faculty remote access to a secure server to connect to when off-campus. The server, called ITS-TS03.AD.queensu.ca, is a windows server that provides users with software such as Microsoft Office 2016 and Adobe Reader, and is able to access the departmental file share. This server is used to access and work on files that are not accessible from off-campus. Service access is managed by departments through active directory. Contact your IT Admin Rep to request access.
Who Can Have It?
- All Staff and Faculty can use this service.
Are There Any Costs?
- No - the basic service as described above is centrally funded.
How Do I Get It?
- Contact your IT Admin Rep to request access, they will submit a request to ITS on your behalf.
How Do I Discontinue It?
- Contact your IT Admin Rep to remove access
What if I Leave Queen's?
- Once your NetID becomes inactive you will not be able to log into this service. Please see the Service Termination Dates page for details on when service will be discontinued following departure from Queen's.
- The targeted availability of this service is twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week (24x7).
- Users of the service should expect occasional but infrequent service interruptions or slowdowns, both planned and unplanned.
- Where it is necessary to schedule system maintenance that necessitates a service outage, ITS will do this outside of regular business hours whenever possible.
- Regular security patching will occur. Please check the ITS Notification page for information about planned and unplanned service outages.
- Standard Hours of Operation
Service Level Objective
Please see the links below for Service Level Objectives:
- Backup, Recovery, Archiving and Retention
- Facilities Management Page
- Service Interruption and Restoration
Governing IT Policies
Users of this service are governed by the following policies, failure to comply may result, at a minimum, with suspension of service:
Help & Support
ITS can help with ...
Last Updated: July 2016