Class Schedule Subscription
This is a beta system. SOLUS is the final authority.
The iCalendar class schedule subscription service provides personalized iCalendar (or iCal) class schedules for subscription into the Queen's calendar systems.
The iCalendar feeds are in standard .ics format, and contain class schedule data from the SOLUS student data system.
The feeds are updated daily, although there will be some time delay for any add/drop changes to appear in SOLUS and be propagated to the feed. The time when changes will appear in your calendar application will also depend on the settings for that application.
Note that the data is for classes only, not exams. Data for upcoming courses should appear 60 days before the first class, if the data is also available in SOLUS. For example, if your first class is Tuesday September 9, you should see the data on July 11th.
Who Can Have It?
All students with class schedule data in SOLUS.
Are There Any Costs?
- The service is centrally funded.
How Do I Get It?
- Login to the Software Centre tab of MyQueensU
- Copy/Paste the URL for your personalized feed (in the form:https://mytimetable.queensu.ca/timetable/[X]/[netid]-[Y].ics where [netid] is your netid the values [X] and [Y] are random characters that are specific to each individual).
- Follow the instructions in the tutorial for subscribing to the class schedule from Office 365. After subscribing to the calendar in Office 365, it will be available on your client that is configured for exchange. This would include Outlook, iOS devices and mobile devices.
How Do I Discontinue It?
- Follow the instructions for your calendar program for removing calendar subscriptions.
What if I Leave Queen's?
- Please see the Service Termination Dates page for details on when service will be discontinued following departure from Queen's.
- The targeted availability of this service is twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week (24x7).
- Users of the service should expect occasional but infrequent service interruptions or slowdowns, both planned and unplanned.
- Where it is necessary to schedule system maintenance that necessitates a service outage, ITServices will do this outside of regular business hours whenever possible.
- Regular security patching will occur ... Please check the ITServices Notification page for information about unplanned service outages.
- Standard Hours of Operation
Service Level Objective
Please see the links below for Service Level Objectives:
- Backup, Recovery, Archiving and Retention
- Facilities Management Page
- Service Interruption and Restoration
Governing IT Policies
Users of this service are governed by the following policies, failure to comply may result, at a minimum, with suspension of service:
Help & Support
ITServices can help with ...