Your.Name Email Alias
By default, Queen's email addresses take the form of NetID@queensu.ca. This can be cryptic and cause confusion for recipients, especially if no signature is provided. To overcome this problem, a your.name email alias option is available to faculty, staff, students and alumni to make their email address appear as their real name.
- Queen's students, staff, faculty and alumni
- There is no cost for this service.
To Activate an Email Alias:
- Log in to the NetID Profile Manager
- Click on the "Manage your email options" link
- Click on the "Request new alias"
- Choose your Email Alias
- Click Continue
- Click Continue to complete your changes
- A your.name email alias does not replace your original email address and is not a second email account. It is just a more user-friendly pointer to the email address that is based on your NetID.
- The email alias generated by the Identity Management System is based on your name as it appears in our LDAP database. The information in our LDAP database comes from Human Resources records for faculty and staff, and Registrar records for students.
- You will be given a choice of up to five variations of your name to choose from. You will be able to select only one. Once you make your selection, it will be assigned to your NetID. You will then have the option to activate your email alias. It will then be attached to your NetID until your NetID is removed from the system.
- An alias associated to a staff account cannot be transferred to a student based netid.
Preferred Email Address:
- Your preferred email address is:
- the address that will be used in the "From" field
- the address that is used for all mailing lists at Queen's
- the address that is published in the online Queen's People Directory (privacy flags permitting)
- You have the option to make your email alias your preferred address after you have activated it. However, you can still use your alias and receive mail sent to it even if you do not set it as your preferred address.