Office Delve is a Microsoft app designed for the Office 365 suite of software. By displaying information and documents that are most relevant for each person based on the work they are doing and the people with whom they are engaging, Delve makes file sharing and content management easy. The app presents content to you intuitively using visual content cards, which means retrieving information is a quick and stress-free process.
Delve keeps track of who you work with frequently, plus the files they're viewing and sharing.
- Delve makes finding information much simpler. You don't have to remember the name of a file or where you saved it. Delve makes it easy to find all of the files you've worked on or accessed recently. Delve can also display files stored as attachments in Outlook.
- You can view data specifically related to your work or the files that have been shared with you. With Delve, information is readily available rather than wasting time searching through your folders.
- Security features make sure your documents are private unless shared. Only content that has been shared is viewable in someone else's Delve. This ensures that all documents are private and secure unless you want your friends or colleagues to see your content.
Visit the Microsoft Learning Centre to Discover Office Delve and view the videos below for more information.
Who Can Have It?
- Office Delve app is part of the Office 365 suite of cloud-based services available to all current students, staff and faculty of Queen's University with an active Queen's NetID@queensu.ca email account
Are There Any Costs?
- Office Delve app is part of Office 365 service and provided at no cost to eligible users
- Users are responsible for any personal ISP/cellular arising data charges
How Do I Get It?
- Office Delve can be accessed from the Apps launcher in the Office 365 Portal, https://outlook.com/queensu.ca
- Delve can also be accessed using Android and iPhone mobile apps
How Do I Discontinue It?
- If you would like to opt-out of using Office Delve, please see Microsoft's Can I turn off Delve - Support Article
What if I Leave Queen's?
- Please see the Office 365 section of the Service Termination Dates page for details on when service will be discontinued following departure from Queen's
- If you are a student who is graduating from Queen's, your account will automatically transition to the Email for Alumni Service one year after graduation and you will lose access to Office Delve
- Office Delve is designed to work with the current or immediately previous versions of Internet Explorer or Firefox, or the latest version of Chrome or Safari. For more information, see Office 365 system requirements
Mobile App availability
- Office Delve for iPhone
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus
- Office Delve for Android
- Android 4.1 and up
- Office 365 provides features that are accessible and usable for people who have special needs or disabilities. For more information, visit: Microsoft's Accessibility in Office 365
- The Queen's Accessibility Hub is a central online resource for accessibility at Queen's and has information and developed a series of "How-to Guides" to assist faculty, staff, and students create an accessible learning environment across the university
- The targeted availability of this service is twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week (24x7).
- Users of the service should expect occasional but infrequent service interruptions or slowdowns, both planned and unplanned.
- Where it is necessary to schedule system maintenance that necessitates a service outage, ITS will do this outside of regular business hours whenever possible.
- Please check the ITS Notification page for information about unplanned service outages.
- Standard Hours of Operation
Service Level Objective
Please see the links below for Service Level Objectives:
Governing IT Policies
Users of this service are governed by the following policies, failure to comply may result, at a minimum, with suspension of service:
Help & Support
ITS can help with ...