Yammer is a private social network that gets you connecting to others at Queen's University, sharing information across teams, collaborating on documents, and organizing around groups. What’s more, using the Yammer network helps build a body of knowledge that’s instantly accessible by any coworker at any time and from any device.
Who Can Have It?
- The Queen's Yammer Enterprise Network will be available for use from the Office 365 Portal, by all current students, staff and faculty of Queen's University with a valid Queen's NetID account
- Alumni are not eligible to use this service
Are There Any Costs?
- This service is provided at no cost to eligible users
- Users are responsible for any personal ISP/cellular data charges arising from use of the Queen's Yammer Network
How Do I Get It?
- All current students, staff and faculty can access the Queen's Yammer Network from the Apps Launcher in the Office 365 Portal, https://outlook.com/queensu.ca
What if I Leave Queen's?
- Please see the Office 365 section of the Service Termination Timelines page for details on when service will be discontinued following departure from Queen's
Best practices and Guidelines
Browser and System Requirements
- Yammer's system requirements are consistent with those of Office 365. See the list of supported browsers in the Office 365 system requirements
IMPORTANT: Internet Explorer 8 and 9 are no longer usable with Yammer
Mobile App availability
- Yammer mobile app for iPhone
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Yammer mobile app for Android
- Requires Android v4.0 or later
- Yammer mobile app for Windows phone
- Requires Windows Phone 8, 8.1, or 10
- Office 365 provides features that are accessible and usable for people who have special needs or disabilities. For more information, visit: Microsoft's Accessibility in Office 365
- The Queen's Accessibility Hub is a central online resource for accessibility at Queen's and has information and developed a series of "How-to Guides" to assist faculty, staff, and students create an accessible learning environment across the university
- The targeted availability of this service is twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week (24x7)
- Users of the service should expect occasional but infrequent service interruptions or slowdowns, both planned and unplanned
- Where it is necessary to schedule system maintenance that necessitates a service outage, ITServices will do this outside of regular business hours whenever possible
- Please check the ITS Notification page for information about unplanned service outages
- Standard Hours of Operation
Service Level Objective
Please see the links below for Service Level Objectives:
Governing IT Policies
Users of this service are governed by the following policies, failure to comply may result, at a minimum, with suspension of service:
- Acceptable User of Information Technology Resources Policy
- Electronic Information Security Policy Framework
Help & Support
Yammer is not monitored by ITS and posts directed towards ITS for assistance may not be addressed. Individuals who wish to contact ITS for assistance should contact the IT Support Centre by calling 613.533.6666 during regular business hours or by filling out the Online Help Form.
ITS can help with ...