Queen's Exchange On-Premise Email and Calendar Service
Are There Any Costs?
- This service is provided at no cost to eligible users.
- See Additional Storage below for information on storage costs above the default quota.
How Do I Discontinue It?
- Your email account will remain active until you leave Queen's.
- Faculty members who wish to upgrade to Office 365 Queen's email and calendar service, can "opt in" by contacting the IT Support Centre.
What if I leave Queen's?
- Please see the Service Termination Dates page for details on when service will be discontinued following departure from Queen's.
- Please refer to tutorials for tablets and handheld devices.
Publishing Option Settings
- Queen's email services include a built-in directory of Queen's email addresses known as the Global Address List (GAL). You can adjust your publishing option settings (whether you wish to be visible in this directory) by following the Publishing Options Settings tutorial.
|Mailbox size limit||The maximum storage available per account. Additional storage above the default quota can be purchased (refer to Additional Storage)||5 GB|
|Message size limit||
The maximum total size of an email message. The total size includes the message header, the message body, and any file attachments.
Note: An email client may limit the size of an individual file attachment to a value much less than the message size limit. For example, in Outlook Web App, the maximum individual file attachment size is 10 MB.
|Recipient limit||The maximum number of message recipients allowed in the To:, Cc:, and Bcc: fields.||500 recipients|
- Additional storage (above the default quota of 5 GB) for your Exchange account can be purchased in increments of 1 GB.
- See the Service Fees page for details on cost.
- Additional storage will be billed monthly via account code.
- To request additional storage, complete the form at https://www.queensu.ca/itrack/ITS/estorage.php
- Requests will be processed within the next business day and should be reflected in your account after processing is complete.
- The targeted availability of this service is twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week (24x7).
- Users of the service should expect occasional but infrequent service interruptions or slowdowns, both planned and unplanned.
- Where it is necessary to schedule system maintenance that necessitates a service outage, ITServices will do this outside of regular business hours whenever possible.
- Regular security patching will occur ... Please check the ITS Notification page for information about unplanned service outages.
- Standard Hours of Operation
Service Level Objective
Please see the links below for Service Level Objectives:
- Backup, Recovery, Archiving and Retention
- Facilities Management Page
- Service Interruption and Restoration
Governing IT Policies
Users of this service are governed by the following policies, failure to comply may result, at a minimum, with suspension of service:
Help & Support
Or, contact the IT Support Centre by calling 613-533-6666 during regular business hours, or by filling out the online help form.
*PDF files can be read for free using Adobe Reader.