Your NetID is your network identity at Queen's University. It will be the "User ID" you need to sign on to the applications and services that are operated by Information Technology Services (ITS), such as Office 365 email, onQ, SOLUS Student Centre, MyQueensU, QShare, Wiki, etc.
- Students, faculty, staff and alumni members at Queen's each receive a NetID.
Students, Faculty and Staff:
- The first step in using your NetID is to go through the activation process. To do so go to the NetID Profile Manager
- If you know your NetID but you do not remember the password, you can re-set the password through ITS
- If you never had a NetID but you remember your student number, you can Activate a NetID.
- If you don't know your NetID or student number contact the Alumni Contact Centre at 1-800-267-7837 (Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm)
- This is for a guest/consultant/visitor who absolutely will NOT be issued any type of appointment and is not paid by the university
- Account can be requested by contacting the department's IT Admin Rep
You are assigned a NetID when you first come to Queen's.
Note: Using the your.name email option does not change your NetID. If your original assigned email was email@example.com, and you have opted to use firstname.lastname@example.org, your NetID would remain 'thumbt'.
- NetID Best Practices
- Manage My Profile
- NetID Profile Manager
- Moodle Course Management System
- SOLUS ( Student On-Line University System)
- Office 365 Email
- Public site computers
Termination of NetID
The termination process differs for students and staff or faculty. See the NetID Termination page for details.
Service Level Objective
Please see the links below for Service Level Objectives:
- Backup, Recovery, Archiving and Retention
- Facilities Management Page
- Service Interruption and Restoration
Governing IT Policies
Users of this service are governed by the following policies, failure to comply may result, at a minimum, with suspension of service:
- Intellectual Property - QUFA Collective Agreement, Article 16
- Electronic Information Security Policy Framework