Your NetID is your network identity at Queen's University. It will be the "User ID" you need to sign on to the applications and services that are operated by ITServices, such as email, Moodle course management system,
SOLUS Student Centre, MyQueensU, QShare, Wiki, etc.
- Students, faculty, staff and alumni members at Queen's each receive a NetID.
- The first step in using your NetID is to go through the activation process. To do so, visit the NetID Activation page.
Faculty and Staff:
- Contact your ITAdmin Rep who will can submit a netid request on your behalf.
- If you know your NetID but you do not remember the password, you can re-set the password through ITServices
- If you set up your Challenge Questions and an alternate email address, go to the NetID Self Service Password Reset page.
- If you did not set up your Challenge Questions, contact the IT Support Centre at 613-533-6666
- If you never had a NetID but you remember your student number, you can activate a NetID.
- If you don't know your NetID or student number contact the Alumni Contact Centre at 1-800-267-7837 (Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm)
You are assigned a NetID when you first come to Queen's.
Note: Using the 'your.name' email option does not change your NetID. If your original assigned email was email@example.com, and you have opted to use firstname.lastname@example.org, your NetID would remain 'thumbt'.
Termination of NetID
The termination process differs for students and staff or faculty. See the NetID Termination page for details.
Service Level Objective
Please see the links below for Service Level Objectives:
Governing IT Policies
Users of this service are governed by the following policies, failure to comply may result, at a minimum, with suspension of service:
Help & Support