- Once your NetID is activated it will remain active until you are no longer registered at Queen's. At that point your account will be marked as inactive.
- In February an email will be sent to all inactive accounts notifying the owner that the account will be removed in March.
- If you receive an email indicating your NetID will be removed and you feel you have been incorrectly identified as inactive contact the ITServices General Office immediately.
- For more information please see the Account Termination Policy.
Staff or Faculty
Termination of staff or faculty by Queen's University requires the Departmental ITAdmin Rep (Computing) to fill out the Disable NetID Request form under Restricted Resources and follow the instructions.
Options for termination:
- Deactivation of NetID: This process would prevent all NetID access and stop any email from being received.
- Disable the NetID: The password for the NetID is changed, limiting access to only those with the new password. Email will continue to be received.
- Accounts deactivated when employment is terminated by Queen's will have the account deleted within one week unless other arrangements have been requested by the department.