Alternate Email Address and Challenge Questions
All members of the Queen's community (students, faculty, staff and alumni) who have an active NetID have the option of creating Challenge Questions. These options allow you to reset your own password if you ever forget it.
- You can create answers to challenge questions that will allow you to access your account in order to reset the password.
- By providing an alternate email address, all password change notifications can be sent to that address (as well as your Queen's address), so you will be able to receive the change information even if you cannot access your Queen's email.
- Go to the NetID Profile Manager
- Enter your NetID
- Enter your Password
- Click the Login button
- The NetID Profile Manager screen will open.
- Click the link Alternate Email Address and Challenge Questions
- The Alternate Email Address & Challenge Questions screen will open
- Your NetID and Queen's email address should already be filled in
- Enter your alternate email address
- Confirm your alternate email address by re-entering it
- Answer three (or more) of the challenge questions
- Click the Save button
- Should you forget your NetID password, you will now be able to reset it yourself using the Self-Service Password Reset Tool.