Change Your NetID Password
This document explains how to Change Your NetID Password. It applies to students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
You will need to know your current password. If you have forgotten your password, please refer to the instructions on the Forgotten Password page.
To change your NetID password:
- Go to https://netid.queensu.ca
- Enter your NetID
- Enter your password
- Click the Login button
- The NetID Profile Manger screen will open.
- From the menu select Change Password
- The Change Password screen will open
- Enter your new password
- Confirm your new password (It is never a good idea to copy and paste. If you make a mistake, you will be copying the mistake into this field.)
- Click the Change Password button
- Your password will be changed. Note: it could take several hours for your new password to migrate to all systems.
- Don't forget to log out (using the button at the top-right of the screen.)
- Any time you change your NetID password, you must go back to each application in which you allowed your password to be "stored" and update the password that is being stored to your new NetID password. See the tutorial Changing and Removing Stored Passwords.