Moving Telephone and Network Services
Arranging the move of telephone and network services for upcoming office relocation is the responsibility of the ITAdminRep. This includes moves resulting from a Physical Plant project.
- All university provided telephone and network services.
- ITServices (Networks & Telecom) is available to consult and assist ITAdmin Reps with the planning of moves for telephone and network services.
- Floor plans providing room and jack numbers are available through ITServices (Networks & Telecom).
- To help in the planning of the move, a complete list of all services assigned to a department can be obtained from ITServices (Networks & Telecom). This list can ensure that all services, including fax machines, modems, and alarm circuits are included in the planning of the move.
- New wiring (jacks), when necessary to accommodate the move of existing services, is charged to the PPS project, or, if the move is not related to a project, charged to the department on a time and materials basis. Estimates can be provided by contacting ITServices (Networks & Telecom).
- There is no charge to move existing telephone and network services.
- Service Fees are charged for the installation of new telephone and network services.
Requirements & Availability:
- A minimum of 5 working days is required for Telephone and Network moves.
- Moves involving many telephone and network services may require more than 5 working days.
- ITServices (Networks & Telecom) strives to be as flexible as possible when doing major departmental moves to allow us to meet the needs of the department.
Help & Support
- ITAdminReps (Networks & Telecom) Manual provides information for the ITAdminReps.
- Additional information can be provided by contacting ITServices (Networks & Telecom) at 32001.