Note: If you are having trouble configuring a wireless connection please drop by the Learning Commons Desk, located on the ground floor of Stauffer Library, for help.
To connect to the Queen's Secure Wireless Network - QueensuSecure_WPA2 you will need:
Note: These screen shots were created on Mac OS X 10.4.11 Other versions may be slightly different.
1. Check that you are running Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later.
2. Then More Info.. screen will open
Before you configure your secure wireless connection will need to go to https://netid.queensu.ca and log in using your NetID and password to check your status. This is a one time step only and must be completed by AllStudents, Faculty and Staff.
Click on the wireless icon located in the Menu Bar and select QueensuSecure_WPA2from the menu.
2. The Wireless configure screen will open.
Note: If you choose to Remember password in my keychain your NetID and password will automatically be filled next time. If more than one person uses this account on this computer or you use more than one NetID do not select this option.
3. You will be prompted shortly for Certificate. This can take several minutes to accomplish.
4. The verify certificate screen will be displayed.
5. You will be prompted for your admin password to save the certificate.
6. Your Wireless connection is now configured and will begin to connect to the QueensuSecure_WPA2 network. In the menu it will now be selected (checked) as shown in the Wireless menu below.
Once the initial connection has been made, future connections should be quicker.
From the menu bar select the AirPort menu and select Turn AirPort Off