Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus
Office 365 ProPlus is a subscription-based service that provides faculty, students and staff with the latest versions of Microsoft Office for use on their personal PCs, Macs, tablets, and phones at no cost. Office Online apps are included and lets users open Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or OneNote documents in a web browser.
- A full, installed Office experience across PCs, Macs, Windows tablets and iPad and Android tablets, and most mobile devices.
- Install on up to five PCs or Macs, five tablets (Windows, iPad, Android), and five mobile devices with Office Mobile. Plus, the new Office can be installed side by side with previous versions of Office.
- Automatic, free upgrade included so you're always up to date with the latest features and services.
Who Can Have It?
- Office 365 ProPlus is available to all current students, faculty and staff of Queen's University with an active Queen's NetID@queensu.ca email account.
- Alumni and retired faculty and staff are not eligible for this service.
Are There Any Costs?
- This service is provided at no cost to eligible users.
- Users are responsible for any personal ISP/cellular data charges arising from downloading Office 365 ProPlus suite of applications.
How Do I Get It?
Important: Office 365 ProPlus is intended for use on personal computers/devices. Office 365 ProPlus and associated applications should NOT be installed on Queen's-owned workstations or laptops. If your Queen's-owned computer is not running the current version of Office, you can download it from the MyQueensU Software Centre.
- Instructions for installing the Office 365 ProPlus for personal-use are available in the tutorials
- Tablets, including iPad, Android, and Windows tablets
- Mobile Devices, including iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone
How Do I Discontinue It?
What if I Leave Queen's?
- Please see the Service Termination Dates page for details on when service will be discontinued following departure from Queen's
- Office 365 ProPlus is a full version of Office and its system requirements are the same. For more information, see System requirements for Office 2013. Be sure to note that your computer needs to be running at least Windows 7 to install Office 365 ProPlus.
- Like other versions of Office, Office 365 ProPlus is available in 32-bit and a 64-bit version. Microsoft recommends that users deploy the 32-bit version, even on computers using 64-bit operating systems. If you think you need the 64-bit version, carefully review the information about 64-bit editions of Office 2013.
Office 365 ProPlus is a full version of Office. The programs have the same features and functionality as other versions of Office.
Users can install Office 365 ProPlus on up to five different computers with a single Office 365 license. For a sixth installation, one of the previous five must be deactivated.
Office 365 ProPlus is not a web-based version of Office. It runs locally on the user's computer. Users don't need to be connected to the Internet all the time to use it.
- Even though users don’t need to be connected to the Internet all the time to use Office 365 ProPlus, users must connect to the Internet at least once every 30 days, on each machine that Office 365 ProPlus is installed on. This is so that the status of their Office 365 subscriptions can be checked. If users don’t connect within 30 days, Office 365 ProPlus goes into reduced functionality mode. After users connect to the Internet and their subscription status is verified, all the features of Office 365 ProPlus are available again.
- Personal Computers: PC, Mac
- Tablets: Windows 8 Tablet,Windows RT device, iPad, Android tablet
- Phones: Windows Phone, iPhone, Android Phone, BlackBerry, Nokia (Symbian OS)
Programs included in the Office 365 ProPlus suite
The programs included in Office 365 ProPlus suite vary depending on your device's operating system.
Office 365 ProPlus for Windows, the suite includes:
|| Skype for Business
Office 365 ProPlus for MacOS includes:
Office 365 ProPlus for iPad, iPhone, Android & Windows mobile (mobile devices) includes:
|| Skype for Business
Note: OneNote and Skype for Business are available as separate downloads.
Office 365 provides features that are accessible and usable for people who have special needs or disabilities. For more information, visit: Microsoft's Accessibility in Office 365.
The Queen's Accessibility Hub is a central online resource for accessibility at Queen’s and has information and developed a series of "How-to" guides to assist faculty, staff, and students create an accessible learning environment across the university
Service Level Objective
Please see the link below for Service Level Objectives:
Governing IT Policies
Users of this service are governed by the following policies, failure to comply may result, at a minimum, with suspension of service:
Help & Support
ITServices can help with ...
Or, contact the IT Support Centre by calling 613.533.6666 during regular business hours, or by filling out the online help form.