onQ - Queen's Learning Management System
OnQ is Queen's University's enterprise learning management system, built in the Brightspace/Desire2learn environment that many students are already familiar with, both at Queen's and at other institutions. It can be used to deliver academic courses on the Web or to supplement face-to-face instruction. It can also be used for collaborative research and project-based group work. A variety of tools are available, including:
- content management, presentation and sharing
- communication (one-to-one and many-to-many, real time and asynchronous)
- Project/assignment collaboration and presentation
- performance assessment and evaluation
- academic course administration and grade management
Who Can Have It?
- This service is available to all faculty and staff, and to graduate students who have a faculty sponsor.
- Graduate students who plan to teach an academic course using onQ will require authorization from the department head or chair.
Are There Any Costs?
- The basic service as described above is centrally funded
How Do I Get It?
- Log on at onq.queensu.ca
What if I Leave Queen's?
- Please see the Service Termination Dates page for details on when service will be discontinued following departure from Queen's.
- The targeted availability of this service is twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week (24x7).
- Users of the service should expect occasional but infrequent service interruptions or slowdowns, both planned and unplanned.
- Where it is necessary to schedule system maintenance that necessitates a service outage, ITS will do this outside of regular business hours whenever possible.
- Please check the ITS Notification page for information about unplanned service outages.
- Standard Hours of Operation
Service Level Objective
Please see the links below for Service Level Objectives:
Governing IT Policies
Users of this service are governed by the following policies, failure to comply may result, at a minimum, with suspension of service:
Help & Support
ITS can help with ...
- onQ (Brightspace) Project Community Wiki
- for information on the project implementation and using onQ. Contains resources such as FAQs and How To guides
- Brightspace Community
- Helpful resources such as videos, documentation, and forums provided by Brightspace
- Brightspace Video Resources
- A series of video tutorials provided by Brightspace to assist users in the learning management system
- Online Help
- Desire2Learn's online resource center for product information and updates (Brightspace, ePortfolio, Insights)
- D2L Teaching and Learning Community
- Desire2Learn's online resource for pedagogical assistance. Contains a series of blogs, forums and documentation.
Tuesday Drop-In Sessions
If you need assistance with onQ, we are here to help! Join us during our drop-in sessions to ask questions, provide feedback, and receive help with your courses.
- Drop-in Sessions: Every Tuesday
- Location: Centre for Teaching & Learning, F200, Mackintosh-Corry Hall
- Time: 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- Centre for Teaching and Learning
- The Queen's Centre for Teaching and Learning is available to assist faculty in the development of their course(s).
- Or, contact the IT Support Centre by calling 613.533.6666 during regular business hours or by filling out the online help form.