Xythos Drive Client
The Xythos Drive Client is a software program you install on your Windows based personal computer (Mac OS X natively supports WebDAV allowing you to "Connect to Server" as described in our tutorial). It allows any Windows desktop application to access directories and files stored on QShare as if they were accessing another hard drive in their personal computer. Users can open, edit, and save directories and files to QShare. They can instantly manage document sharing, version control, subscriptions, etc., from their desktop, rather than logging into QShare's web interface.
The Client offers immediate help for today's overburdened email systems by automatically replacing file attachments with secure file links, helping improve content security and reducing storage costs.
Map Letter Drives:
- The Xythos Drive Client creates a virtual drive on your personal computer. This has the effect of turning QShare into a secure, shared virtual hard drive. It behaves exactly like a network drive, except that it uses HTTP and WebDAV protocols. Using the Client, any Windows program can open and edit documents and files stored on QShare as if they were stored on their own computer.
Instant Integration with Windows Applications:
- Xythos Drive Client gives access to QShare collaboration features without ever having to leave the desktop environment or applications they use each day.
- Right-clicking on a file in Windows Explorer enables users to easily control sharing permissions, file locking, versions and view file's version history.
- Windows alone can't offer this level of control.
Offline Synchronization: [ not supported by IT Services at this time ]
- Xythos Drive Client also provides offline file synchronization for traveling users.
- Users can select any number of directories or files they want to access when they are disconnected from the Internet; these files will automatically be saved on their personal computer
- Users can edit and manage these files while they are offline.
- Xythos Drive Client instantly updates changes that were made while the computer was offline when the computer is re-connected to the internet.
- Other collaborators can be automatically notified when offline changes are made.
- Xythos Drive Client supports SSL 128-bit and higher encryption or VPN access. This ensures that all files transmitted between the client and the server are protected.
- Xythos Drive Client authenticates access allowing users to see only those directories and files they have permission to access.
- When used with Lotus Notes®, Microsoft Outlook® or other MAPI-compatible email clients, Xythos Intellittach™ technology automatically replaces e-mail file attachments with secure Links. Since it is automatic, there is nothing new for users to learn.
- Users don't have to copy files to a server so that they can be safely accessed by others; Intellittach™ permits server and directory locations to be pre-selected ensuring that files are automatically sent to the correct server location.
- Stored files can inherit access permissions from parent directories or folders.
- Intellittach™ also supports Tickets, allowing users to safely send file links (URLs) to users outside of their organization.
- the Xythos Drive Client is an ideal solution to the growing number of email attachments that expose sensitive information and consume valuable network resources.
Automatic Backup: [ not supported by IT Services at this time ]
- Xythos Drive Client includes online backup to provide secure protection of user directories which are not already stored on a server such as user’s My Documents folders.
- IT departments can pre-set a user's backup destination or users can select their own location.
- Selected files can be backed up on demand or on a scheduled basis.