QShare Tutorials - Navigation
In QShare 7.2 the screen has 5 areas that contain button, menus, submenus and information that you need to navigate. These areas are:
- The Home bookmark has a button of its own. You will use this often to return back to your home screen.
- Next is the Bookmarks menu. Notice the arrow. Clicking here opens the Bookmark menu.
- As you create bookmarks they get added to this list.
- You can also Manage your bookmarks. Under Manage Bookmarks you can create folders to group your bookmarks together, edit current bookmarks or delete bookmarks.
- For more information see the Bookmarks tutorial
- The Searches menu allows you to Manage your Searches and the repeat your Last Search
To Perform a Search
- To perform a search enter the item to search for in the Search box on the Navigation Toolbar and click the magnifying glass.
- Clicking the down arrow lets you add criteria to your search.
- You can search for folder or file names or you can search the file contents
- For more information see the Search tutorial
[Back to top]
- The Setup menu contains the My Settings tab and My Contacts tab.
- Under the My Settings tab there are the User Information, Email Settings and Toolbar Buttons.
- In the User Information section in addition to setting your preferred language, the time zone, your preferred Date and Time Style, you can also choose the number of entries to appear in the Document Manager Grid.
- The Email Settings section is new. Here you can choose to use the built in Web-based Email or you can choose to use the default email client on your computer.
- The Toolbar Buttons sections allows you to choose which buttons will be displayed on the Toolbar.
- Under the My Contacts tab you will see your Users and your Groups.
- Under the My Contacts tabs is where you can add, edit and delete Users and Groups
- For more information see the Contacts and Groups tutorial.
- Help remains very much the same. Clicking this button will open the Help Manual. You can browse through the different sections or you can click Search and a Search box will open for you to enter your criteria.
- Additionally most screens will have a Help button available. When you click the button you will receive information specific to the screen you are on.
Logged in as:
- Next is your login information. This shows the Name of the person logged into QShare.
- Next to it is the Logout button. As always, Don’t forget to log out when you have finished using QShare. And it is always a good idea to close your browser – especially in a public site!
[Back to top]
Next comes the Main Tabs. These are Files and Reports & Tools
- The Files tab shows the Document Manager Grid
- The Reports & Tools contains two sub tabs: My Subscriptions and My Tickets
- If you have any subscriptions for folders or files you will be able to view them here.
- You can also unsubscribe from them here.
- The My Tickets tab shows any tickets you may have created.
- You can edit or delete them from this location.
Below the Main Tabs is the Navigation Toolbar
- There is the Up arrow to move up one folder level at a time
- There is the current folder path. Clicking on any of the folders within the path allows you to move quickly from one folder to another. This can be a shortcut if you are several folders deep but you do not want to return home and you want to go more than 1 level up
- At the end of the Navigation Toolbar are 2 icons Refresh and Manage.
- The Refresh button will re-load your current screen
- The Manage button opens the Manage screen for the folder
- Notice that on the Manage screen you have a Toolbar Button menu and in particular you have the New Bookmark button. Clicking this button will create a bookmark for your current location.
[Back to top]
Below the Navigation menu are the Toolbar buttons. There are a set of buttons on the left and a set of buttons on the right. If a button is faded out it is not available to use. Clicking on a folder or file to select it will make the buttons accessible. Depending on which screen you are on additional buttons may be available.
Left Toolbar Buttons
- You can choose what buttons will appear on this menu by going to the Setup Menu and selecting Toolbar Buttons
- When you have made your changes click the Apply button
- You will receive the notice that your toolbar preferences have been saved.
- Click the Home button to return to your home screen
- Notice your buttons have changed.
- If you click the back button on your browser instead of the Home button your changes will be undone.
- There is also a More Actions button. Clicking on this will open the menu with additional functions on it. This list will change depending on what buttons are displayed on the Toolbar. The buttons that are not displayed will be on the More Actions menu.
Right Toolbar Buttons
Here are the Upload, New Folder, Launch Web Folder, and View buttons. Additionaly when you open the Trash the Empty Trash button will be available.
- The Upload button opens the Upload screen.
- You can upload files one at a time, the same as in the previous version of QShare
- And New to QShare 7.2 you can click the Advanced Upload link and upload entire folders or several files at one time.
- New Folder will create a new folder where you currently are. Incidentally now directories are referred to as folders.
- Web Folders works if you are using IE and Microsoft Office. If you use Web Folders you will be able to edit your files without having to download them first.
- For information on setting up Web Folders go the the Help menu and search for Web Folders. Scroll down to find your operating sytem and follow the instructions.
- Next is the View button. You can choose to view your Folders/files using the List view (this is the default) or you can choose Thumbnail view.
- If you choose Thumbnail the file icons will represent what software created them.
- You can also choose the size of the thumbnail by dragging the slider left and right.
- You can choose the save the layout for this folder. If you previously saved a layout you can Reset to the default.
- You can also choose to use the current setting as your default.
- Note: the owner of the folder can save the layout of the files and folders within it. As someone with permission to view the folder you can change the settings, but as soon as you move to another folder, the changes revert to the default.
- Also on the View menu is the Customise View
- Choosing this item allows you to choose which columns will be shown within the Document Manager Grid.
- Note that the columns will be in the order they appear in the Current Columns: section.
[Back to top]
Document Manager Grid
- The single biggest change here is that the Action Icons are gone!
- The action Icons were Manage, Share, Lock and Delete. These functions can all be performed using the Toolbar Buttons and
- By right mouse clicking on any folder or file
- If you click on the Column title you will see an arrow appear to the right of it. Clicking this arrow will sort the Document Manager Grid. You can choose to sort the grid in alphabetical order, or to sort by the Created on date, or Shared With
- You can choose how many items to show in your document grid by going to the Setup menu and in the User Information section enter the number of Entries Per Page you would like displayed.
- At the bottom of the screen is the information about your account: Total size, etc, and Displaying …
- Click here to move to the next screen of files.
Well that’s an overview of the QShare Web Interface. For more information go to the QShare Service Page or click the Help Menu and browse the manual.
[Back to top]