Removing Groups from the Trash
In a QShare group it is possible for individuals to have access to folders that contain confidential information. For example, budget material. When material is deleted from the QShare space it is moved to the trash. It is important to ensure that only the QShare Admins have access to the trash and that the information is not accessible to everyone who have permission to access the group space.
- The Trash folder is in the root level of the QShare space.
- Right mouse click on the Trash folder
- From the flyout menu select Manage
- From the Manage menu select Permissions
- The Permissions for ... trash will open
- Check the box beside all of the groups or individuals (other than the Owner or Group Administrators) that have been added
- Click the Remove Access button
- The Confirm permissin changes screen will open
- all the groups you are removing permission for will be listed
- ensure that the Appliy the changed permissions to this folder as well as its sub-folders and files is selected
- Click the OK button
- The Permissions for ... trash screen will re-open
- review the remaining permissions
- Click the Exit button