Microsoft Office Versions
Microsoft Office is a suite of business applications that run on Windows and Mac computers, phones and tablets, and in the "cloud." Microsoft uses a variety of names for its Office suite to differentiate between their distribution methods and their licencing restrictions.
Note: Some exceptions apply. For example, if your Queen’s University owned computer is used by someone who is not Queen’s faculty, staff or grad student, you may not install Office 2013 ProPlus using the Queen’s licensing agreement.
Office 2013 Professional
- Can be purchased by faculty, staff and grad students for use on their home computers.
- Cost covers the production of the DVD.
- This licence does not expire.
Office 2013 ProPlus
- Licenced for faculty, staff and grad students of Queen's University for use on University owned computers.
- Downloaded from MyQueensU free of charge. (The basic service is centrally funded.)
- Authenticates using the Key Management Service (KMS) server at Queen's.
- Server must be contacted at least once every six months by the computer on which it is installed.
Office 365 ProPlus
- Distributed to licensed Office 365 users.
- It is a subscription license that requires logging into Office 365 every 30 days.
Office 365 ProPlus (Student Advantage)
- This is Office 365 ProPlus (same as above), but is provided free to students because of Queen's licencing agreement for Office Professional for faculty, staff, and grad students.
- The Office suite is downloaded to the user's computer.
Office 365 University
- Students can purchase a four year Office subscription for $79.
- Also includes 20 GB of SkyDrive storage and 60 Skype world minutes per month.
- This subscription is not exclusive to Queen's.