Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus
With the Office 365 ProPlus Student Advantage program, students are licenced to download the entire Office 365 ProPlus suite. Students are allowed up to five installations of the software to their personal computers for free. Versions are available for PC, Mac, Windows 8 tablet, Windows RT devices, iPad and smartphones. Their licence will continue until they leave Queen's.
With this new student program, Office 365 ProPlus will be available free to students attending schools that have licensed Microsoft Office for all its employees. When Queen's implemented Microsoft Exchange Server as the new email and calendaring solution for staff, faculty and graduate students, Microsoft Office was licenced for all staff, faculty and graduate students as well.
Who Can Have It?
- Currently enrolled students with a Queen's email account
Are There Any Costs?
- Provided free to currently enrolled students
How Do I Get It?
How Do I Discontinue It?
- Return to the software tab in the Microsoft Portal and click the deactivate button beside the instance that you wish to deactivate
What if I Leave Queen's?
- Please see the Service Termination Dates page for details on when service will be discontinued following departure from Queen's
- Personal Computers
- Windows 8 Tablet
- Windows RT device
- Windows Phone
- Android Phone
- Nokia (Symbian OS)
What is Included
Depending on your operating system:
- Office on your PC includes: Access, Excel, Lync, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher and Word.
- Office on your Mac includes: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word. Mac users can install Lync separately.
- Office on your Surface Pro includes: Access, Excel, Lync, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher and Word.
- The license will allow up to five installations of the software. For a sixth installation, one of the previous five must be deleted
- The license will be in effect while you are a student at Queen's
- Users must sign into Office 365 once every 30 days to maintain the license
- The licence will expire 365 days after you graduate from Queen's
- Software is downloaded to your personal computer or device
Service Level Objective
Please see the links below for Service Level Objectives:
Governing IT Policies
Users of this service are governed by the following policies, failure to comply may result, at a minimum, with suspension of service:
Help & Support
ITServices can help with ...
Or, contact the IT Support Centre by calling 613.533.6666 during regular business hours, or by filling out the online help form.