Configure Android 3.x devices for Queen's Exchange server
Configure your Email
- On your Android device Home screen, tap the Apps icon (Top right)
- From the Apps screen, tap the icon named Email Do not tap the Gmail icon which is red.
- Tap Add account (top right) to add your Queen's email account
- Enter your email address using this format: email@example.com (If you enter firstname.lastname@example.org it will cause problems)
- Enter your NetID password and tap the Next button
- From the Account Type screen select Exchange from the list of e-mail server types
- Error message Setup could not finish this is normal, now tap Edit Details to continue
- Domain\Username should be: \email@example.com
- Password: Be sure your password is entered correctly
- Server: qwa.queensu.ca
- Check the box User Secure connection (SSL)
- Do not check the box Accept all SSL certificates
- Tap Next
- Warning: Remote Server Administration message This is normal. The server qwa.queensu.ca requires that you allow it to remotely control some security features of your Android device. Do you want to finish setting up this account? You need to tap Ok to proceed.
- Select Send email from this account be default
- Select the other listed items to your liking (Select all is recommended)
- Tap Next
- Activate device administration: The features listed on this last screen are security based. You must tap Activate to proceed. Note: if you are not prompted to Activate during the setup, the Mail screen will display a scrolling message at the top stating that you need to update security settings. It will then go away. At this point you can touch the top information bar and scroll the screen down. You will then see the option to Activate.
- Enter a name for this email account, example My Queen's E-mail and tap Next
- Your email is now configured, you are almost done, just a few more settings to configure your Calendar.
Just a few more steps to configure your Calendar
- Top the Apps button and then tap the Settings button
- Tap Accounts & Sync
- Under General sync settings check the items you wish to enable, recommended: check Background data & check Auto-Sync
- Under Manage Accounts, Tap your Queen's NetID@queensu.ca account
- Under Data & synchronization select the items you wish to have synced Recommended: Sync Calendar, Sync Contacts & Sync Email
- Tap the Back button once to return to the previsou screen.
- On the Accounts & Sync screen you should now notice a green Sync icon after your account, this indicates your Queen's account is syncing.
- Tap the Home button, tap the Apps icon tap the Calendar icon and verify it has your calendar data.
- Also, from the Apps screen tap the Contacts icon and verify your contacts are listed. If not, you need to be sure they are in the correct Contacts within Ms Outlook on your computer. IT Support Services can help with this.
Calendar note: If you see multiple calendars listed, you have more than one Calendar synced, you may have your Google calendar synced. This is not a problem, just be sure to view the correct calendar.