Adding an ActiveSync Enabled Account on Your BlackBerry 10 Smartphone
Please follow these instructions to add an ActiveSync enabled Queen's email account to your BlackBerry 10.
- While viewing the Home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen
- Select Settings > Accounts
- If this is your first account, select the Advanced icon that appears along the bottom toolbar.
- If you have other accounts already, select Add Account followed by selecting Advanced
- Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync from the Advanced Setup options (for all ActiveSync based accounts regardless of mail platform)
- Enter in the required information, which includes:
Note: optional fields include Description, toggles for SSL, VPN, and Push, as well as the Sync Timeframe.
- Domain - ad.queensu.ca
- Username - your NetID
- Email Address - your firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password - your NetID password
- Server Address - qwa.queensu.ca
- Port (443 by default) - leave at 443
- Tap Next to finish configuring the account, and then tap Done.
That’s it! You should now have a BlackBerry 10 smartphone configured with work email via Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.