To configure Apple devices (iPod touch/iPhone/iPad) for Exchange OS 4.3 and above.
- Open System Preferences
- Go to Mail, Contacts and Calendars
- Tap Add Accounts
- Select Microsoft Exchange
- On the next screen enter:
- Email: your full email@example.com address
- Domain: leave blank
- Username: your full firstname.lastname@example.org address
- Password: Your email password
- Description: However you want to identify this account on your device
- Tap Next
- Server will appear and show "qwa.queensu.ca"
- Tap Next
- Select what to connect with Exchange:
- Mail and Calendar are on by default.
- Tap Save.
iOS device glitches
Sometimes when you change your password on the Exchange server the server may not sync up right away with your iOS device and it could cause a glitch. iPads and iPhones have been known to be stuck, asking for the Exchange password no matter how many times you enter the correct password.
If this happens, try following these steps:
- Restart your device by holding down the lock button for 3 seconds and swiping to power off.
- To turn it back on, simply hold the lock button again for 3 seconds.
- After restarting, the device should reboot without asking for your Exchange password.
- Go intoSettings and click Mail, Contacts Calendar.
- Click on your Exchange account to input your new password.
If this does not work, you can fill out the Online Support Form or call us at 613 533 6666