Inserting a Link to an External Page
- Enter the text that will become the link
- Select the word or words
- Click the link button on the toolbar
- The Link screen will open
- The Link Info tab will be open
- From the Link Type drop down menu select URL
- The Protocol will automatically become http://
Note: if you know this to be a secure site, click the drop down menu and select https://
- In the URL box enter the URL for the web site. Note: if you copied it from the web, or you enter https:// the Protocol will change as required.
- If you enter the https: as part of the URL it will be removed
- By default, when the link is clicked it will open in the same window. Optionally you can change the target to open in a new window or tab. See the next step for instructions before clicking the OK button.
- Click the OK button
- If you wish to have the link open in a new window click the Target tab
- From the drop down menu select New Window
- Click OK