Personal Web Space
Note: As of October 1, 2013, users will be required to use a secure SSH/SFTP connection in order to manage/update their Post web server spaces.
Who Can Have It?
- Queen's University students, staff, and faculty are eligible to have personal web space within QShare and the Queen's Wiki.
- Staff and faculty are also eligible to have personal web space on the POST Unix server.
Are There Any Costs?
- No, this service is free for eligible parties
How Do I Get It?
- QShare: All accounts are automatically created with a "www" directory, which is the directory where public web content should be uploaded.
- The POST server is an UNIX based
- Web/disk space is limited to 100mb. If you require more storage space for your personal account, see the ITServices Service Fee page for details and complete the online Web Storage Space Increase request form.
- PHP is enabled on the POST server
- MySQL databases are not available for personal accounts
- Personal accounts on the POST server will have a URL of:
- Personal accounts on the QShare server will have a URL of:
*PDF files can be read for free using Adobe Acrobat Reader
Please see the availability page.
Service Level Objective
Please see the links below for Service Level Objectives:
Governing IT Policies
Users of this service are governed by the following policies, failure to comply may result, at a minimum, with suspension of service:
Help & Support