Teaching Assistantships in LING 100
Applications are invited for Teaching Assistantships in LING-100 Introduction to Linguistics for 2013-14. Students wishing to apply for a TA-ship should meet the following criteria:
- You should be registered in one of the following Linguistics Concentrations: Major Concentration in Linguistics (MAJ LING), or Minor Concentration in Linguistics (MIN LING)
- You should have completed LING-100 with a final grade of 80 per cent or higher ( at least A- or 3.7 GPA).
- Previous experience as a Teaching Assistant in LING 100 is an advantage.In addition to the general criteria listed above, the selection of Candidates will be based on LING course grades, number of core courses completed, and year of study.Teaching Assistants are expected to work seven hours per week. Their responsibilities include participating in Teaching Assistant training, attending lectures, running drop-in tutorials, and marking assignments and tests.
- Applicants should be available for 4 hours marking on Wednesdays
- Applicants should provide an up-to-date transcript ( unofficial).
Applicants have to attend LING 100 lectures
Please submit your application via e-mail to Margaret Maliszewska email@example.com by April 5th, 2013
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Ms Maliszewska by email or by phone at 613-533-2072.