Resources for Parents and Guardians of Students
These pages are designed to provide you, Queen's parents and guardians, with information and resources to empower your student to succeed, both academically and personally, at Queen's.
- December 1: First date to apply to graduate (through SOLUS) for Spring 2015
- December 2: Fall term pre-examination study period ends
- December 3-18: Exam period
Please note: Approval required to occupy residence room after date of last exam
- January 5: Winter classes begin
- January 20: Summer Job Fair
You Might be Thinking About...
Upper-year Residence Applications: Applications are now available for upper-year students who want to live in one of the new residences opening in September 2015. Amenities include in-room cable and fridge, wireless internet and a new retail food outlet. Selection is by lottery. Deadline: February 6th
- First-year students with a GPA of 1.6 or below will soon receive an email inviting them to join our Bounce Back program that aims to help them get back on track.
- Learning Strategies is offering workshops for all students.
- The Student Community Relations Office is the place for good advice as your students looks for next year's home. Student housing is abundant in Kingston so there is no need to settle for poor quality or extravagant prices.
- Your student traveling to and from Kingston Learn more about the Tricolour Express
- Residence Life Learn more about moving your student into residence and sign up for Campus Connection, a monthly publication keeping parents informed on what is happening in Residences at Queen’s.
- Fees and deadlines 2014-2015 Guide to Registration and Fees is now available online
- Sessional dates Find dates specific to faculties/schools and visit your student's faculty site for more details.
- Academics Counselling and study skills workshops are available.
- Student health Learn more about the Athletics and Recreation Centre
- Student employment Search for Jobs in Res / Career Services
- Undergraduate Admission
- Office of the University Registrar: fees, schedules, sessional dates
- Office of the University Registrar: Parent FAQs
- Incoming Students - Next Steps
- Academic Calendars: course descriptions, regulations, key dates
- Financial assistance/student awards
- Income tax forms
- Health and dental insurance
- Submit your Family Contact Form
- Subscribe to Campus Connection: Residences parent newsletter
- Residences: sub-site for parents
- About meal plans: for students living both on and off campus
- Community Housing Office
- Student-Community Relations: (formerly "Town Gown") bringing students and community together, providing guidance and fostering a spirit of community
- Students in Crisis Service Listing
- Safety and Security / Emergency Service Listing
- Student Health 101: The "Parent Perspective" is published monthly by Health, Counselling and Disability Services.
- Be Well: Healthy Lifestyle Choices for Queen's Students
- Counselling Services
- Disability Services
- Health Services
- Queen's Learning Commons
- QSuccess: A first-year experience program
- Learning Strategies Development: learning and study skills support
- Information on student development for parents and guardians
- Adaptive Technology Centre
- Academic Integrity
- Student Academic Success Services
- Writing Centre
- Accessibility Hub
- Bounce Back for Arts & Science Students
- The Parent's Guide to Queen's Engineering (PDF 3.2 MB)
(available from the Engineering and Applied Science Prospective Student site)
- Queen's University International Centre
- Information on: Arriving in Canada, Living in Kingston, Canadian Taxes, Health Insurance, English Language Support and more.
- Financial Aid for International Students
- Guardianship and Official Documents
- Bader International Study Centre (Herstmonceux)
- Writing Centre for International Students
- Incoming International and Outgoing Exchange information
- NEWTS Orientation (for incoming exchange, international, castle, and transfer students)