Please enable javascript to view this page in its intended format.

Queen's University

Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures

Independent Study Abroad

Students may take part in study abroad programs administered by other universities, such as:

  • the Canadian Field Studies in Africa program managed by McGill University,
  • the Trent-in-Ecuador or Trent-in-Ghana programs managed by Trent University, or
  • the Dalhousie Cuba Semester program managed by Dalhousie University.

tietig_2_001.jpgStudents may even spend a term at sea accumulating transfer credits with the Semester-at-Sea program sponsored by the University of Virginia or participate in a language immersion program.
A period of study abroad can last as little as a few weeks and as long as a year, depending on the type of course and/or program and university in which the student intends to study.

To participate in these study abroad programs, students must apply for admission to the host university and pay tuition fees directly to that institution.
Also, students must apply for an International Letter of Permission (ILOP) to receive transfer credit(s) for the courses taken and to retain their Queen's academic status.

The International Programs Office will work with you and your academic department(s) to determine whether your desired destination offers a program of study compatible with your degree requirements.

Kingston, Ontario, Canada. K7L 3N6. 613.533.2000