Queen's University - Utility Bar
Happy Islamic History Month!
October is officially recognized as Islamic History Month. As such, the Muslim Societies,
Global Perspectives is advertising other Islam-related events that are occurring this month
that are hosted by other groups. Check out what's happening!
- The Islamic Society of Kingston is hosting a number of events. Check out what they're doing at: http://www.islamichistorymonthkingston.org/
- On Thursday, October 11 at 6:30pm, come join Karin Ruhrdanz (Curator of Islamic Art, Royal Ontario Museum) as she discusses "Europe and Islamic Art". The talk will take place in Walter Light Hall, room 210
- On Thursday, October 18 from 11:30am-1:00pm, Dr. Zvi Benite Ben-Dor (History, NYU) will be talking about "Franks and Saracens in Canton: How Matteo Ricci and the Chinese Muslims Saved China from a Spanish Invasion". The discussion will take place in Watson Hall 517
- On Thursday, November 8 from 11:30m-1:00pm, Dr. Hussein Fancy (U. of Michigan) will present his talk on "Religious Problems and Secular Logics: Muslim Soldiers of the Medieval Crown of Aaragon". The talk will happen in Watson Hall 517.
- Follow our Events Calendar and keep up with our News feed on the Home page for more events!