Interest in Queen's remains high among prospective students
Queen’s continues to attract an increasing number of undergraduate applicants from Ontario and outside the province.
“We are delighted that more prospective students see Queen’s as their first choice for an outstanding post-secondary education,” says Ann Tierney, Vice-Provost and Dean of Student Affairs. “We believe these strong application numbers are a testament to the excellent programs and student experience offered at the university.”
The highlights from this year’s preliminary statistics when compared to this time last year include:
• A three per cent increase in undergraduate applications from Ontario students
• A seven per cent rise in the number of Ontario applicants who have indicated a Queen’s program as their first choice.
• A four per cent increase in applications from self-identified Aboriginal students
• An eight per cent jump in applications from non-Ontario students
• A 15 per cent increase in applications from international students
Undergraduate Admissions and Student Awards worked closely to boost the number of early offers of admission, scholarship and bursary to high academic achievers. Queen’s will continue to accept undergraduate applications until February 1.
Visit the Undergraduate Admission website for more information on applying to Queen’s.