Queen's University among best places to work in Canada
Queen’s University is proud to be one of the country’s Top 100 employers. Mediacorp Canada’s annual list was released today and the University was recognized for its family friendly benefits and flexible work options.
“It is extremely rewarding to be acknowledged nation-wide for the practices and policies that support our people in providing world-class education,” says Rod Morrison, Vice-Principal of Human Resources.
In selecting Queen’s among over 2,000 Canadian applicants, Mediacorp highlights initiatives that recognize the needs of employees and their families.
• an offsite daycare subsidy up to $2000 per child, per year
• maternity leave top-up benefits to employees who are new mothers to 100 per cent of salary for 20 weeks
• parental leave top-up benefits to employees who are new fathers or adoptive parents to 100 per cent of salary for 15 week
• three weeks vacation after one year of service, in addition to a five-day university shutdown during the winter holidays
• variable scheduling of work hours, telecommuting, reduced hours during the summer, and a 35-hour work week with full pay, and
• a self-funded leave of absence program, so employees can receive a pay cheque during time away.
This is the tenth year for the Canada’s Top 100 Employer survey. Employers are compared against other in their field to determine which has the most progressive practices. Other winners this year include McGill and Simon Fraser universities.
Click here for more information on all the winners.