Reply to comment
Review of Queen’s Chaplaincy
Brian Yealland, Queen’s Chaplain since 1983, has announced his retirement effective June 30th, 2013.
At this time Ann Tierney, Vice-Provost and Dean of Student Affairs, would like to extend an invitation to the campus community to forward comments on the current state and future direction of the Chaplaincy at Queen’s.
Currently the Chaplain devotes approximately 50 per cent of his time on support and guidance issues for students, faculty and staff; 30 per cent on faith-based activities and 20 per cent in support of university events, such as convocation.
Comments should be submitted in writing to the Office of the Vice-Provost and Dean of Student Affairs on or before November 30th, 2012.
Faculty of Health Sciences
- Stephen L. Archer, Medicine-Cardiology (November 1, 2012)
- M. Khaled Shamseddin, Medicine-Nephrology (October 1, 2012)
Headship Committee — Faculty of Law
Principal Daniel Woolf is pleased to announce the membership of the committee which he has asked to advise him on the present state and future prospects of Queen’s Faculty of Law and its leadership.
The membership of the committee is as follows:
- Sharryn Aiken, Associate Dean, Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of Law
- Martha Bailey, Professor, Faculty of Law
- Kevin Banks, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law
- Irène Bujara, Director, Human Rights and Equity Offices
- Jane Emrich, Assistant Dean of Students, Faculty of Law
- Patti Evans, Registration/Admissions Assistant, Faculty of Law
- Alan Harrison, Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic) — Chair
- Tsvi Kahana, Associate Professor, Faculty of Law
- Amy Kaufman, Head, Lederman Law Library
- Kelley McKinnon, Member, Dean’s Council, Faculty of Law
- Cherie Metcalf, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law
- Kathy O’Brien, Executive Director, Office of the Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic) — Secretary
- David Saunders, Dean, School of Business
- Robert Thomson, President, Law Student Society
- Ann Tierney, Vice-Provost and Dean of Student Affairs
- Jessica Weick, Senior SGPS Representative for the Faculty of Law
The principal would like to extend his thanks to the members of this committee for their willingness to serve.
Call for nominations for positions on the University Senate and the Board of Trustees
Nominations are requested for the following positions:
- 1 staff member, Senate, 3-year term, 2013 until 2016
- 1 staff member, Board of Trustees, 4-year term, 2013 until 2017
- 1 faculty/librarian/archivist member, Board of Trustees, 4-year term, 2013 until 2017
Nomination forms and information about the process are available online or by contacting the University Secretariat at 613-533-6095.Nominations must be received at the University Secretariat, 153 Richardson Hall by 4 pm on Friday, December 7, 2012.
Pension Plan annual general meeting to be held in December
The annual meeting of the Queen's Pension Plan will be held at 1 pm on Friday, December 7, 2012, in Dunning Hall Auditorium. All plan members are invited to attend.