For the Record: Nov. 7, 2013
Appointments in the Faculty of Health Sciences:
- Anthony Ho, Professor, Anesthesiology & Perioperative Medicine (Dec. 1, 2013)
- Paul Heffernan, Assistant Professor, Medicine-Respiratory & Critical Care Medicine (Oct. 01/13)
Advisory committee for the review of The Monieson Centre
In accordance with Queen’s University Senate Policy on “Procedures Governing the Establishment, Reporting and Review of Research Centres, Institutes and Other Entities at Queen’s University,” David Saunders, Dean, Queen’s School of Business, is pleased to announce the membership of the advisory committee for the review of The Monieson Centre.
Members of the committee are:
- Craig Desjardins, Executive Director, Prince Edward/Lennox & Addington Community Futures Development Corporation and Adjunct Faculty, Queen’s School of Business
- Brent Gallupe, Professor, Queen’s School of Business (Chair)
- Lewis Johnson, Professor, Queen’s School of Business
- Jennifer Medves, Director of the School of Nursing and Vice-Dean Faculty of Health Sciences
Members of the university community are invited to submit their comments on the present state and future prospects of The Monieson Centre to Dr. Brent Gallupe, Committee Chair, either in writing to Goodes Hall, Room 466, West Wing, Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario, K7L 3N6, or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, Nov. 15, 2013. Comments will remain confidential and will be shared only with the members of the review committee; anonymous submissions will not be considered. For more information on the centre, please visit www.moniesoncentre.com.
Headship selection committee — Department of Philosophy
Joshua Mozersky’s term as head of the Department of Philosophy is scheduled to end on June 30, 2014. Dr. Mozersky is willing to consider reappointment.
In accordance with the terms of Article 41 of the Collective Agreement between Queen’s University Faculty Association and Queen’s University at Kingston, an abridged selection committee has been struck to assist the provost and vice-principal (academic) in the selection of the next head. Under the rules of the Collective Agreement, members of the bargaining unit within the Department of Philosophy have elected the following people to the committee:
- David Bakhurst, Professor, Department of Philosophy
- Paul Fairfield, Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Philosophy
- Deborah Knight, Associate Professor, Department of Philosophy
- Jon Miller, Associate Professor, Department of Philosophy
- Nancy Salay, Continuing Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Philosophy
The committee will be chaired by Associate Dean Gordon Smith, and Associate Dean Sandra den Otter of the School of Graduate Studies will be a non-voting member.
Under Article 41.3.3, if the head indicates that s/he wants to be renewed, “the abridged Selection Committee shall consult with the members of the Department, and if it concludes that there is a clear departmental consensus in favour of renewal, it shall recommend to the Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic) that the Head be renewed.” If the committee concludes that there is no clear consensus for renewal, a full committee shall than be constituted.
To assist in this consultation process, you are invited to express your views on the present state and future prospects of the Department of Philosophy and whether you favour renewal of the present head. If you wish to offer comments on these matters, please be advised that your letter will be reviewed by the committee and will become part of the record of decision-making. Please send all comments to the attention of Ms. Diane Reid by Nov. 18, 2013.