Queen's celebrates grand opening of new student life facility
Grand Opening celebrations for the new Queen’s Centre kick off with an open house and ceremony at the new School of Kinesiology and Health Studies. The daylong event also features an indoor parade, student performances and a grand opening in the Athletic and Recreation Centre main gym, and building tours.
Join your colleagues and friends at the Queen’s Centre on Friday, January 15, 2010:
• 10:30 am - Queen’s Centre Grand Opening Ceremony - enter the building from Earl Street; the event will take place in the main gym
• Light refreshments will be served following the ceremony
• Noon - Queen’s Centre Building Tour
• 1 pm - School of Kinesiology and Health Studies Open House
Special guests will be on hand to salute the integration of academics, athletics, and student and community life, all in one facility.
• Ann Browne, Associate Vice Principal, Facilities
• Michael Ceci, President, Alma Mater Society
• Leslie Dal Cin, Director, Athletics and Recreation
• Janice Deakin, Associate Vice-Principal and Dean, Graduate Studies and Research
• Leora Jackson, University Rector
• Jean Cote, Director, School of Kinesiology and Health Studies
• Andrew Pipe, Trustee, Chair of the Queen’s Centre Executive Committee
• William Young, Chairman of the Board of Trustees
• Daniel Woolf, Principal and Vice-Chancellor
This amazing new Queen’s Centre offers our students a truly holistic learning experience to develop mind, body and soul.